Annual Convention Postponed until 2021
It should come as no surprise to you that the SRHA Board of Directors has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation. In light of the latest forecasts, many of us will be practicing social distancing for some time to come.
Accordingly, we have decided to postpone our Annual Convention in Richmond, Va., formerly scheduled over this coming Memorial Day weekend – May 22 through May 25, 2020. We took this action because of:
• The uncertainty of the pandemic for the foreseeable future
• The current CDC guideline
• The Commonwealth of Virginia’s “stay at home” directive, effective through June 10
• Other social distancing mandates10
• The “at-risk” population that includes many SRHA members
The Convention has now been rescheduled to take place in Richmond over the Memorial Day weekend in May 2021. The new dates are Friday, May 28 thru Monday, May 31.
We are also considering scheduling an informal gathering at the SRHA Archives in Chattanooga sometime this coming fall, but we won’t set a date until we know such a gathering will be safe. The best way to keep up with developments at SRHA is to check our website.
Thanks for your understanding. Stay healthy and remember to keep the Green Light shining.
(Posted on Sunday, April 5, 2020)